Brookdale Racquet Club, Inc. Regulations
All members and guests are expected to comply with the Rules and Regulations of the club. They have been established by the Pool Committee and confirmed by the Board of Directors to assure safe and orderly operation of the pool and its surroundings.
1) The pool’s management and staff are charged with the enforcement of the Rules and Regulations. The club’s manager is not only obligated to perform her contractual agreement with the club, but also authorized to establish temporary rules to deal with immediate situations and to take disciplinary action where necessary.
2) Club employees are not to be interfered with or reprimanded by members of the club. Suggestions or complaints should be made to the Club Manager or Assistant Manager in writing, stating facts briefly, and directed to Brookdale Racquet Club, P.O. Box 2792, Naperville, IL 60567-2792.
3) Use of the club facilities by members and guests is at their own risk. The club is not responsible for the destruction, theft, loss or damage to the property of any member or guest.
4) The member, with possible loss of pool privileges, shall pay for any property of the club that is broken or damaged by a member or his or her guest.
5) Only registering the member’s name and number at the front desk of the pool permits use of the club’s facilities. The pool staff maintains an updated membership directory to assure authorized use of the pool.
6) Any member willfully permitting use of his/her certificate number by an unauthorized person will be subject to the loss of privileges for ten days. Repeated violations may result in the termination of membership.
7) Children under the age of ten must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible person.
8) Members and their guests are expected to conduct themselves in a respectable manner. The management staff will not tolerate profane or abusive language, unacceptable behavior and inappropriate conduct. Club privileges can be suspended.
9) Unlocked lockers are provided for general daily use for members and their guests. A padlock may be used, if desired. However, it must be removed nightly.
10) Parking of automobiles is permitted in the parking area and on Brookdale Road. Automobiles shall not be parked on driveways or near the entrance to the clubhouse or tennis courts. The club disclaims liability for the theft of or damage to any automobile or its contents.
11) The club does not provide parking attendants. No employee shall be required or permitted to drive or park an automobile for a member or guest.
12) All bicycles and riding vehicles must be kept in the bicycle racks provided. Locking your bike is strongly recommended.
13) Pets are not permitted in the clubhouse or on pool grounds.
14) Club members do not have the privilege of sending employees out of the club grounds. The club’s management has supervisory responsibility of employees.
15) Notices, signs, decorations or pictures shall be posted on clubhouse bulletin boards only with permission of the club manager.
1) A public health regulation requires that a shower be taken immediately before entering the pool.
2) Any person having a communicable disease, infection or open wound will be denied admission to the pool.
3) No one will be permitted to enter the water with inappropriate swimwear such as shorts or cut-offs.
4) Spitting or spouting water from the mouth is strictly forbidden.
5) Smoking is NOT permitted on Club property. Adult parties will have a designated smoking area.
6) Eating, drinking and chewing gum is not permitted in the pool area. Such activities are to be confined to the refreshment area. All refuse should be placed in the containers provided.
7) All swimmers under the age of 18 will be subject to an enforced rest period of fifteen minutes every hour until 6:00 p.m. conditional to the manager’s discretion.
1) Swimmers must be able to strongly swim one length of the pool before being allowed to swim in the deep area. If the lifeguards are in doubt, a swimmer will be asked to swim the length. The lifeguard’s decision is not to be questioned.
2) Glass containers are not allowed in the pool area.
3) No one is to be permitted into the pool unless a lifeguard is on duty and in a life guarding position.
4) Running or ball games are not allowed in the pool area.
5) The diving area is reserved strictly for diving from the board. Each diver is responsible to be certain the diving area is clear before beginning his/her approach. The diver must swim immediately to the pool edge or ladder after surfacing.
6) Proper conduct at the diving board is essential: no cutting in line, no passing objects while on the diving board, no hand stands, no hanging from the board while in the water, and no springing from a sitting position or bouncing more than once.
1) Ten (10) free guest passes are allowed per family. Please keep track of the number of guest passes you use. Once your guest passes are used up, guards will be instructed to refuse entry to additional guests unless they pay the guest fee.
2) Guests fees (over and above free ones):
· Daily fee – $5.00
· Family Rate – $15.00
3) Guests may be refused admission at the manager’s discretion.
4) Fees for houseguests of a week or more, all paid in advance, are as follows:
· $20.00 per week or any part thereof for the first person.
· $16.00 per week or any part thereof for the second person.
· $12.00 per week or any part thereof for the third person.
· $8.00 per week or any part thereof for the fourth or more.
NOTE: Guest fees are collected by the Club Management and are income to the Club’s Operating Budget.
5) Grandparents/babysitters will be allowed at no cost.
6) Guests under the age of ten (10) must be accompanied by an adult BRC member for the duration of their stay.