Opening Saturday, May 27
The Brookdale Pool
The Brookdale Racquet Club features a six-lane, 25-yard swimming pool with separate areas for wading and diving, and a separate, fenced wading pool with shaded play area for children under five years old. The spacious, concrete deck provides over 80 deck lounge chairs.
A covered, open-air, raised pavilion has picnic tables, and dining tables and chairs. The pavilion can be rented (link to Pavilion Rental Form PDF) by BRC members for birthday parties, family parties, team outings, or other special occasions. Two gas grills and a charcoal grill may be used by members in the picnic area adjacent to the pavilion. A large, fenced-in grassy play area on the other side of the pavilion has two carpetball tables, a ping pong table, and plenty of running room. A sand volleyball court is adjacent to the pool.
The clubhouse features clean well-lit locker rooms with private showers. The office is a hub of activity to reserve tennis courts and pavilion, borrow pool toys, sign up for social events and swim lessons and for concession sales of drinks, candy, ice cream, soft pretzels and other treats.
This year, at the Pool:
- Swimming lessons by Red Cross certified instructors
- Yearly Stroke Clinic for advanced and competitive swimmers
- Private swimming lessons by appointment
- Adult only swimming on Sunday mornings
- 170-member plus swim team competing in the Naperville Park District League
- Six home swimming meets (including time trials) and six away meets
- Post-season meets for swimmers of all ability levels
- End of season awards banquet
- Awesome social events for members of all ages